Lawn Care Tips For The Fall: Sprinkler System, Sugar Land TX
Most people think that maintaining a lawn is important only in summer or spring season due to the extensive growth of grass. However, due to the decreased rainfall and loss of moisture from the environment, the fall season calls for even more attention towards the lawn. During this time, the grass absorbs moisture and nutrients to prepare for the dormant winter.
Here are some tips which should be followed to maintain your lawn during fall season:
- Mow the grass: The grass should be mowed regularly so that it receives sufficient sunlight and air. It is essential for the proper growth of grass and preventing it from tuning brown.
- Eliminate fallen leaves: It is essential to remove the fallen leaves from the lawn as they obstruct sunlight and air to reach the grass, hence causing diseases. A rake or a leaf blower can be used to remove the leaves.
- Fertilize: Fertilization helps in the supply of essential nutrients required for the proper growth of plants. It allows the grass to grow deep roots and preserve sufficient nutrients to sustain a healthy growth in the spring season.
- Weed control: Weeds act as a hindrance in the growth of the grass. As they absorb all the nutrients and energy required by the grass, it is necessary to control them. An herbicide can be used to remove the weeds.
- Reseed: Reseeding will improve the density of the lawn which will prevent weed and insect damage. It will enhance the overall appearance and health of the lawn. The bald spots should be filled in the autumn season to make the lawn look green and healthy. Dead grass should be removed and replaced with good quality topsoil.
- Aerating the soil: Fall season is an ideal time to aerate the soil and provide it with proper oxygen and water required for the growth of the plants.
- Proper watering: The weather may be cooler in the fall season but the lawn still requires water due to the lack of moisture in the air. Make sure you keep the lawn properly hydrated to have a nourished and green grass. You can install an automated sprinkler system to schedule timely watering of the lawn.
For more tips on maintaining your lawn during the fall season, contact DK Sprinklers at (281) 794 – 4891 or visit our office at 7338 Windy Port Lane, Richmond, TX 77407.