Outdoor Lighting Tips For Christmas
Christmas is almost here and it’s time to get your home ready for the festive season. Besides sprucing up the interiors, it is also important to revamp the look of the outdoor area. Your lawn, driveway and courtyard should have a magical ambience to catch the attention of the onlookers. For this, there can be no better option than installing landscape lighting. Not just it will give you a well-lit yard, but you will also have a wonderful place for your Christmas celebrations.
Here are some outdoor lighting tips that can help you transform your home’s exterior:
- Use The Proper Outlet: Most importantly, you should choose a safe power source, preferably GFCI, for your outdoor lights. These types of outlets prevent short circuits and other hazards due to overcurrent. If you are using extension cords, make sure they are rated for outdoor use and keep them away from water as well as snow.
- Identify The Focal Points: Identify the areas they you need to highlight and choose the lights accordingly. A lot of people want to adorn their entryways, front door, lawn and driveways. The fixtures should be installed in areas where they will give out the maximum lighting effect. If you are planning to host a celebration for Christmas, be sure to light your walkways to avoid any falls or trips.
- Decide The Type Of Lighting: Christmas lights are available in a variety of styles and colors. If you want to create a glowing effect between the snow covered landscapes, you should go for clear lights. On the other hand, colored lights will give a layered and segregated look to the different outdoor areas.
- Landscape Net Lighting: This is a good choice for light shrubs, bushes and trees. Net lighting comes in the form of interlinked miniature LED lights that form a blanket over your bushes and create a marvelous appearance.
- Unlit Structures: If you have any decorative structures or art pieces in your lawn, it is wise to keep them unlit. Instead, create a backdrop to illuminate them juts from the right angle so as to increase its aestheticism.
We, at DK Sprinklers, provide complete outdoor lighting services in Sugar Land, TX. Our technicians employ the most energy efficient fixtures to light up your home’s landscape in the most beautiful manner. For more information, you can call us at (281) 794 – 4891 or visit our office at 7338 Windy Port Lane, Richmond, TX 77407.